Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Fresh Herbs, In No Time!

I'm always suspicious when something reads, "just a simple twist of the wrist", and you can catch me mumbling "I'll be the judge of that". 

Enter Microplane's Herb Mill...and yes, it does say a "simple twist of the wrist". It's an amazing gadget that I'm in love with.



Perfect for cutting fresh herbs like parsley, dill, cilantro, sage and mint (just a few that I grow and use over and over), the "tiny scissors" in its dual action blade cut these herbs without bruising.   

Here's how it works:

  • Rinse herbs well, then dry thoroughly and remove from the stem
  • Remove top of herb mill and load herbs in the body
  • Replace top and gently push down
  • Twist top back and forth [remember, "simple twist of the wrist"!]
 

    The soft touch top fits into my hand comfortably. And yes, it's dishwasher safe.
     
    I used it tonight to add fresh parsley atop my shrimp with marinara and feta.  Add some fresh herbs to your life!!

    As always, shop locally to see if your favorite shop carries 
    any of these products; if not...
    find Microplane online

    Bev Shaffer is a chef, food writer, cookbook author and culinary instructor. She can be reached through her websiteBev Shaffer or at Bev's Email.


    No comments:

    Post a Comment